The information conveyed on this page may not be relevant to the current version of Keeping Culture KMS®.
Attributes of Archive Item or Archive View classes can have a default value assigned to them. For most attributes this is unlikely to be needed. However, attributes like Conditions of Use, Copyright and Intellectual Property usually contain a generic statement that rarely changes. By assigning a default value to these attributes, you eliminate the need to include these values during and after ingesting media into the archive.
Default values are set when media is ingested into the archive using the Simple Upload or Public Folder import methods. See the Ingesting Media article for more information.
To set a default value for an Attribute:
- Log into the archive as a Super Administrator.
- Navigate to Administration Home → Archive Engine Manager.
- In the list, select the Archive Item or Archive View class containing the attribute whose default values you want to set. Click ‘Attributes’.
- In the list of Attributes, select the Attribute you wish to set. Click ‘Default’.
- Enter a default value for the attribute. Click ‘Save’.